Our commitment is to provide a blended form of education to meet the needs of all of our students. Most students will return to school, yet some are still overseas and will not be participating in face-to-face learning. Some students will continue to engage entirely via online learning. If we incorporate elements of both blended learning and flipped-classroom we should be able to accommodate all of our students.
- Students learn via electronic and online media as well as traditional face-to-face teaching.
- Combines online educational materials and opportunities for interaction online with traditional place-based classroom methods.
- Students have control over time, place, path, or pace.
- Students watch online lectures, collaborate in online discussions, or carry out research at home.
- Gives the teacher an opportunity to address mixed levels, student difficulties, and differentiated learning styles during in-class time.
- Moves activities, including those that may have traditionally been considered homework, into the classroom.
At BIS, we strongly believe learning should be engaging and fun. If your child is struggling with their work, please contact their homeroom teacher or one of our SCLs for help. Home learning should not be a struggle, or a fight. No learning should be a struggle or a fight. We are here to help in whatever way we can. If you are looking for advice or support, please get in touch.