- How to get along with my children?
- Why my child goes rebellious?
- I devoted every effort for my kid, but he or she knows nothing about gratitude.
- How to transfer my child’s attention from video games to study?
The session was held by the office of family psychological center, the Foundation of Children and Juveniles of China and Wuxi Women’s Federation and organized by Boston International School. The session opened a new horizon and offered new thoughts for parents about how to grow together with their children.
By integrating her theories into practice, Ms. Wang avoided redundant theoretical narration, instead made the presentation vivid and interesting. While she also talked from the bottom of her heart, which had the blunt force to move all the audience. The 120-minute presentation was barely enough for parents, who surrounded near Ms. Wang after the session for further discussion.
Ms. Rachel Zhang, President of Boston Parent Association shared her reflection on behalf of present parents.
On Nov 26th, parents listened carefully to Ms. Lining Wang in the auditorium. The presentation was greatly praised by the parents, who later started an enthusiastical discussion and book sharing in the WeChat group.
Although China now ranks second economy in the world and people in China enjoys far better living standards compare to the years back. Still, our people are not enjoying a high happiness index. One of the major reasons is that our psychological education lags behind our economic development. According to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, people is in need of mental happiness after the material need is fulfilled.
From my perspective of view, Ms. Wang’s speech has provided several practical ways for us parents.
- Firstly, the implementation of a three-dimensional point of view. We should have an overall consideration of different dimensions when dealing with a problem. For example, when we look back to our original families, we should view our problems and struggles from someone else’s perspective of view, too, instead of only thinking about the feelings of ourselves.
- Secondly, always look back. If you can look back to yourself in your younger age, you will find some hidden causes which result in the current situation. “From your parents, you will see your future. From your children, you see your past.” When you actually understand the relationship between your own parents and yourself, you will reflect on that of your own parent-child relationship.
- Thirdly, the importance of empathy. Imagining that you are in the age of your child, it will be easier for you to except his or her thoughts and mind. Parents are just companies of Children’s growth, while children themselves are dominant on their journey. Give them more space to try, to fail, and to succeed.
As the ONLY IB Continuum School in Wuxi, Boston International School always attaches great importance to students’ physical and psychological development, while also encourages parents to be life-long learners, growing together with our students.