The world has experienced spectacular growth in the last years with exponential technology advances. The challenge for teachers is prepare students to a more complicated yet unknown future. Thus, IB teachers must be given access to:
· high quality professional development that encourages critical thinking, self-reflection and dedication to lifelong learning and continuous improvement
· innovative and diverse education frameworks, unit planners, teaching resources, and evaluation tools
· certification and degree programs offered by highly respected universities worldwide
· a pedagogy known to produce students who are motivated to continue inquiry and lifelong learning, beyond school study.
As the ONLY IB Continuum school in Wuxi, BIS sees teachers as essential to the success of the school and as part of a professional learning community. To support them, we offer extensive professional development, including:
· face-to-face workshops, in-school and at regional events
· online workshops
· blended learning
Jessie Fang is an active member of the IB Educators Network (IBEN) since 2012 with the role of IB PYP Workshop Leader. She began her first IB PYP journey back in Hong Kong 17 years ago at a leading IB world school. With solid experience in leading curriculum development in the bilingual setting environment, Jessie has expertise in delivering PD on various topics in related to learning and teaching for teachers and parents.
– Master Degree in Curriculum, Pedagogy and Assessment (with Distinction) from University College London (UCL), UK.
– 2017, presented an academic paper at the 3rd European Conference on Curriculum Studies.
– 2018, breakout session presenter in IB China Annual Conference.
– Currently, the Principal of Hangzhou Wesley School Binjiang Campus.
Jesse Donnelly is currently the MYP Coordinator at Suzhou Singapore International School in Suzhou, China. He teaches MYP Design and DP Design and Technology. Jesse is an IB Workshop Leader, as well as being an accredited evaluator for the Council of International Schools (CIS).
He has previously taught in international schools in Peru and China, as well as teaching in his native Australia. During his time in IB education, he has taught Language & Literature, Language Acquisition, Individuals & Societies, Physical and Health Education and Design. This experience has given him a very in-depth knowledge of the many challenges that subject areas face when first implementing the Middle Years Program.
Anjali has a Master’s degree in Economics, and has over twenty-three years of teaching and leadership experience under various programs including IB DP and MYP, IGCSE and the Indian national curriculum. She has worked in diverse school environments in the UK and India. Anjali is an experienced IB examiner, IA moderator, and has participated inEconomics curriculum reviews. In addition to being a content developer, Anjali has led many face-to-face and online workshops for new and experienced teachers in ATL and Economics in the UK, Europe, and Asia. She has engaged in various projects and research studies that promote international-mindedness and intercultural awareness. She has alsoco-authored the IGCSE India Studies textbook.
World Languages Written Curriculum
Service to Library