Message from Academic Principal
• Based upon feedback that we have heard, all of our teachers are providing online availability for two hours each day. While students and parents can still email questions to teachers, they can also log in through online platforms and ask questions directly to teachers as well in order to receive quicker feedback from that teacher. All teachers have communicated to parents the times and online platforms that can be used; please contact your SCL if you have questions or did not receive a message.
• Teachers are continuing to monitor student progress and provide feedback to students. Teachers and SCL’s are also continuing to contact those students who are missing assignments or not logging in regularly. We would encourage all students to log in every day in order to continue completing assignments.
• Grade 10 students are now receiving information about the IB Personal Projects. The Personal Project is a student-led activity unique to Grade 10 and the MYP. Grade 10 students will also be receiving more information in the coming weeks about their IGCSE exams and how they can continue to prepare for these exams later in the spring.
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out if you or your child has questions!
- Grade 8 is finishing their study of George Orwell’s Animal Farm.
- Grade 9 is coming to grips with various poems from the poetry component for IGCSE Literature.
- Grade 10 is finishing their analysis of Romeo and Juliet.
- Grade 11 has begun their journey through Martel’s Life of Pi.
- Grade 12 is practicing essays for paper 2, focusing on their current text, The Visit by Friedrich Durenmatt.
So far, online learning has been a positive experience, the facilitation of developing independent learners is an ever-evolving challenge. In the future, I hope to include recorded speeches for assessment and live discussion lessons through Microsoft Teams across the grades. But for now, my aim is to continue providing accessible content and being available as much as possible for assistance.