The MYP personal project is a student-centered and age appropriate practical exploration in which all G10 students consolidate their learning. For IBMYP students, the personal project encourages them to complete a significant piece of work over an extended period, and the aim of the project is to enable students to reflect on their learning and the outcomes of their work and cultivate their key skills that prepare them for success in further study, the workplace and the community.
G10 students have completed MYP Personal Project on May 8th. Students presented on a diverse range of topics, including the Psychology of Dance, Suzhou Gardens, Sichuan Opera, Basketball Verticals, Bel Canto Singing, Effects of Sleep, Stop Motion Animation, Extinction, Greek Philosophy, Computer Programming, Chinese Food Culture, Product Placement, Aromatherapy, Sengoku Jidai War, Parental Factors in Education, Marketing in the NBA, International Education in China, and Psychology and Gaming Addiction. The MYP Personal Projects plays an essential role in helping students to find where their passion lies.
- Participate in a sustained, self-directed inquiry within a global context.
- Generate creative new insights and develop deeper understandings through in-depth investigation.
- Demonstrate the skills, attitudes and knowledge required to complete a project over an extended period of time.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrate responsible action through, or as a result of, learning.
- Appreciate the process of learning and take pride in their accomplishments.
Other students also did a splendid job presenting their outcomes.
Congratulations to G10 students for completion of the MYP Personal Projects! Well done!