- Senior Executive Team
- Principal Meeting
- Divisional Meeting
- Coordinators Meeting
Teachers & Contents
- All teachers are preparing Online Learning Program according to the academic schedule of the second semester and IB Curriculum.
- Online courses are recorded as videos. To overcome challenges of time zone, we are using various online platforms to deliver these videos.
Take PYP as an example, during the past week, PYP teachers made over 90 videos contents which were uploaded to YouTube and Youku to ensure access from inside and outside China.
- Teachers are contacting students individually and follow up their studies.
- Every teacher is providing at least two hours available everyday for phone calls to ensure connection with students.
- Professional Developments about Online Learning and technology were organized to make sure teachers can deliver their contents smoothly.
- Most teachers are working over 10 hours a day.
- Admin team is also providing support to teachers and students with technology and academics.
From PYP Coordinator
Teachers and students in Grades 4 and 5 are using Microsoft Teams to great effect to collaborate and share their learning online.
Seeing one another via video chat for meetings is becoming quite normal.
Some of the challenges we have faced have been around the technology involved in online learning. Video chat over slower internet connections has been an issue, as well as having teachers and students both inside and outside China. One solution we have had is to take advantage of video streaming services. We have uploaded lesson content and story readings to both Youku and Youtube. This allows students in China and outside China to access our video content as best they can. Teachers have had to learn how to record themselves in PowerPoint with audio, and with video, then how to compress videos to share them at a reasonable speed. We have successfully completed online professional development activities with our teachers to upskill them with the technology they are using and to give them opportunities to discuss learning strategies.
Hope to see you soon on our beautiful campus!