To ensure the safety of our community and be fully prepared for the school reopening, Boston International School has devoted lots of energy into various kinds of preparations and received groups of government supervisors. The school also held the first COVID-19 Prevention drill on March 16th and a staff training session on March 26th.
Preparation before school reopens
Education Bureau, Center for Disease Control and Prevention and relative authorities of Xinwu District supervision on reopen preparation
Inspective group including District Education Bureau, Communty Office, Fire Control, Safety Supervision, Environmental Bureau and Traffic Police visit on hazardous chemicals warehouse and laboratories
Fire Control supervision
Below process and regulations will be carried out strictly from the date the school reopens.
Before entering the campus
01 School Bus 校车
- All school bus drivers and monitoring teachers have attended a training session on epidemic prevention and evacuation drill.
- Ventilation and sterilization will be done everyday.
- School bus monitoring teacher will take students’ temperature at the pick-up station every day. If the temperature is abnormal (equal or over 37.3℃), Parents should take the child home for observation and checkup.
- Students are required to get on the bus with Xi kang code.
- Students must wear a mask to get on the bus; mask must not be taken off in the middle of the ride.
- All students must be seated on their designated seats during this special period.
- If any student shows symptoms of carsick or vomit, monitoring teachers will cover the vomit with special absorbent dry towel and another 1000mg/L chlorine-containing disinfectant will be used for disinfection.
Education Bureau and Relative Authorities of Xinwu District Visited on Epidemic Prevention of School Bus
- School implements a completely closed-off management, and all parents take the initiative to stop and leave in time after the students are picked up/ dropped off to the school.
- All students will be taken temperatures and proceed sole disinfection at the school outside gate before entering the school.
- Students who enter into school must provide the Xi Kang code, hard copy of Xi Kang code is required to enter into school.
- Students entering school must wear a mask.
- If students drop off by parents show abnormal temperature (equal or over 37.3℃) or other respiratory symptoms, parents should take them away from the school for further medical check. If students come by themselves show abnormal temperature or other respiratory symptoms, they will be transported to a temporary medical quarantine room and parents will be noticed to take students back for futher medical check.
- In order to ensure the normal teaching, the school refuses to accept students who enter the school after 9AM (for special circumstances, parents must contact the SCL in advance and inform them of the reason for being late). After entering the school, the child must be accompanied by the SCL to take a temperature measurement at the front desk before entering the classroom.
- During the teaching phase, parents are forbidden to visit; it is forbidden to come to the school to organize any activities for students; if parents must come to school due to emergency reasons, they must enter the school with SCL’s company and enter the designated meeting place after receiving a temperature test at the gatekeeper. When they are leaving school should be accompanied by SCL.
- Students who leave early must fill in the “Early Release Form” at the front desk and leave after taking their temperature. Students should be picked up at the outside gate of the school.
2 After entering the campus
- Students will be checked once in the morning and once in the afternoon everyday by homeroom teachers or school nurses. If any abnormal temperature (equal or over 37.3℃) or respiratory symptoms occur, the student will be transported to quarantine space. We will notice parents and relating government departments for further medical check.
Health Supervision Department visit and school drill
- The school will open doors and windows for natural ventilation. Teachers will open the doors and windows for ventilation 2-3 times a day and no less than 30 minutes.
- School will not use air-conditioning systems as much as possible during the prevention and control period.
Disinfection of the classroom area
- Changes in the way of food offering: students’ snacks, Chinese food, and boarding students’ dinners are packaged and delivered by the class assistants or Sodexo employees to designated class.
Health Supervision Department visit school canteen
- Students will be guided to dine in different time period to avoid group gathering. EY, PYP and secondary students are designated to different dining areas and seats.
- To avoid second time pollution, the school does not encourage parents to bring their own lunch boxes.School will provide disposable lunch boxes, knives, forks and chopsticks to students.
Environment and Healthy Inspection Rules
BIS is well prepared for students to be back on campus which is blossoming prosperously in spring season!